21 January 2014

A Student and a Cynic

Through my time here at Defiance College, I've been able to meet and befriend some individuals capable of inspiration and enlightenment, just as you may find on any other campus. One of which is in my Composition class with me and is following the same assignment structure through his blogs. He's a very charismatic, insightful, and engaging writer. Not to mention a talented musician, world class chef, and actor extraordinaire as he puts it. James Boley is certainly the only individual I could be speaking of - a fellow college student from the great state of Texas. (And yes, he has confirmed that everything is bigger in that great state.) From what he's posted and told the world in his first blog posting, his history and his story truly differs that of mine. That said, I notice even more similarities.

James lists his Grandmother as a key influence and centerpiece in sculpting him into who he is today. I think we all can relate if we can locate that person in our lives. For me, that person is my father - from his beginnings and learnings of life, he has striven to provide for a better life for his children. Just as James is inspired and given strength through his Grandmother, so am I thanks to my father. And even so by James himself, even in the short time I've known him.

One of the first things you might notice about James when you first meet him is his easygoing attitude. More so, beneath that easygoing attitude is a unique ambition which is inspiring in and of itself. James carries himself with the attitude of pursuing dreams - and that my friends is contagious.


You can see James' blog for our class at http://jboley001.blogspot.com/. Enjoy and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment